Subject: Re: Audio with PAR
From: Brian Dady <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 1996 07:01:28 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 9 Jan 1996, Jamie Krutz wrote:

> With the AD516 you've got 16 bit stereo audio, up to 8 simultanious tracks 
> out of 100 timeline tracks, automated mixing, nondestructive timeline editing, 
> automatic crossfading, etc. It locks frame accurately with the PAR using
> the internal SMPTE time code of Studio 16, and also locks flawlessly to
> a video deck or anything else with LTC time code which is handy for 
> creating sound tracks for videos or re-editing soundtrack changes to a 
> master tape.

What about VITC time code?  I have a PAR, AD516, and a Panasonic AG456 
camcorder.  The camcorder has VITC but no SMPTE.  I have heard of VITC to 
SMPTE converters, but haven't found one yet.  If they're expensive, I 
would prefer to use my hardware-hacking skills to build one.  Does 
anybody have any solutions to this (either price/source or schematic)?

> Bars & Pipes Pro will also sync simultaneously to give you MIDI, digital 
> audio and video all running together in lock step.

Since Blue Ribbon Bakery was bought up by Microsoft,  I can't seem to 
find B & P Pro any more.  I would really like to buy a copy of this, new 
or used (with manual).  Does anyone know where I can get it?

> Someday I'd like to see some sort of capability within LW for syncing 
> sounds to animations.
> 
> Regards,
>  -Jamie
> 

Yes, support from LW would be great!  However, considering how long I've 
been waiting for the Toaster 4.0 upgrade (mostly for LW), I'm not holding my 
breath!

===============================================
 Brian Dady --* Video Magic / modeller    ///
 Santa Clara,   California / animator    ///
 Email:  [email-masked] / S/W dev  \\\///
======================================\XX/=====